BY LISA WILLIAMS
I’ve always considered the brown beauty mark prettily placed below the corner of my eye a signature physical feature. Very much the same way Cindy Crawford’s trademark mole is a central element of her look.
So I was taken aback when a close friend suggested that I removed it, since a prominent mole in that area apparently symbolised a “tearful” future according to Chinese beliefs.
Bothered and bewildered, I spoke to a few renown face readers to demystify the truth behind “good” and “bad” facial moles.
LIFE DIVINATION, MARKED
The oriental art and metaphysical science of Face Reading has a history as old as Chinese Medicine, and remains as relevant today as it was in the past.
In Face Reading (Mian Xiang), moles are like the trees, logs or flower on the garden landscape of your life: Depending on its size, position and colour, a mole may signify a life that’s a bed of roses or hint of a rocky marriage, and even provide clues on the time range these events might rain on you.
In general, a mole that is black is auspicious, and one that’s bright red is deemed lucky. Moles that look dull, brown, yellowish or have a white outline are considered ill omen.
PS: If you notice a mixture of colours (variegation) within a mole or a change in colour in an existing mole, rapid increase in size, and other recent changes like irregular edges or bleeding in your mole, do get it checked by a doctor immediately. These are sinister signs that might point to a possible malignant mole!
The position of a mole indicates the type of events or luck:
- Spotting an auspicious mole in your hair is like finding gold under the bushes – it’ll bring you fortune and longevity.
- Similarly, a mole located within the eye brow indicates abundant wealth.
- However, moles above or below the eye brow, especially those located at the end of the eyebrow are inauspicious.
- Moles found close to the eyes signify poverty or a distrusting personality.
- Moles on either ear suggest high IQ and quick thinking, and a good marriage if it’s sitting on the left ear.
- Any moles on the nose are believed to bring mishaps such as injuries and longstanding illnesses.
- A mole on the nasal tip is also a sign of unusual sexual desire.
- Beware of the woman with a mole on her right cheek as she tends to be disrespectful and leak secrets easily.
- However, a mole on her left cheek indicates social popularity.
- Moles found on lips indicate plentiful gourmet enjoyment.
- But on the sides of the lips, a mole signifies financial difficulties or difficulties in gaining wealth.
- A mole found on the central chin could mean you are either prone to an eating disorder or food allergy.
- Left of the chin it warns of an accident or danger with water.
- On the right side of the chin, it symbolises riches.
Marked for Removal:There are much more “inferior” moles than “auspicious” ones. Generally, beauty marks on the cheeks or below the eyes that are shaped like a tear drop come in top of the priority list for removal. Take special care that you do not end up with a disastrous scar from the mole removal, as that would be even worse luck!
Read More: You Can Now Shape Your Body While Naturally Augmenting Your Breasts
Besides beauty marks, your facial shape and features is also said to hold the key to your future. We ask Dr Chua Han Boon at SW1 Clinic to help shed some light on what one can do when faced with an ‘inauspicious’ facial feature?
- Sunken Temples: These are said to be inauspicious as they signify a low income and poor fortune in the future for yourself or your spouse. Solution: “Fillers such as Voluma for the temple area can help fill up temple hollows instantly, the procedure takes about 30 minutes and has little downtime” says Dr Chua. Fillers in the temples not only transforms a gaunt appearance but also leads to a prosperous looking face.
- Facial Symmetry: To the Chinese, the first requirement of a “wealthy face” is symmetry of the two sides of the face. Only when this is properly indicated can there be good balance, which in turn leads to things going smoothly for you. When the face does not have this all-important balance, it is believed that a difficult life lies ahead. Solution: “Depending on where the facial asymmetry is, non-surgical thread lifts and facial fillers can go some way to help correct mild asymmetries. More severe issues may need reconstructive cosmetic surgery” remarks Dr Chua who has had experience treating patients in this area. He says clients who finds their faces more saggy on one side can opt for face thread lifts to balance out the asymmetry. Clients who find one side of their face bigger than the other can have the smaller side filled with fillers or the bigger side treated with Botox in some cases.
Read More: 5 Ways You’re Unknowingly Making Your Skin Age Faster
- A high and round forehead: those with high and rounded foreheads are said to possess the potential for wealth. This is considered a highly reliable indicator of wealth. It also suggests that wealth comes early in a person’s life. The forehead signifies luck sent from heaven. The forehead is also considered the first prosperity mountain of the face, so ideally it should be gently curved, round, high and even slightly protruding. Solution: “Forehead lines should gently be relaxed with Botox, so that one can maintain their natural expressions yer appear youthful” says Dr Chua, whose clientele includes actors and actresses in the showbiz industry who often opts for her ‘natural anti-wrinkle injection technique’. Besides erasing lines, Dr Chua says that foreheads also tend to lose their suppleness with age, and can be rejuvenated with special micro-fillers called Revitalift, designed to replenish the internal hydration if the forehead skin and subtly volumize the area so the forehead has a gentle sloping curve.
Read More: Derm’s Top Secrets to Baby Soft Skin
- Pearl Lip: This little pearl-like protrusion on the top of your lips indicates effortless good fortune. Wealth luck is often with such people from birth. The pearl is regarded as a gemstone to the Chinese, so this is a feature that also suggests class and prestige. It looks round and is slightly protruding, and those who have it will usually have had it from childhood, visible on them as newborn babies. When a newly born baby has this feature prominently obvious on its little face, it is safe to predict that the child will grow into a very lucky adult indeed. Solution: If you are not born with a ‘Pearl Lip’, Dr Chua suggests using special lip fillers to shape, not volumize your lips. Most Asians don’t need added volume to their lips, but almost all of us can benefit from a touch of lip shaping. By placing fillers in strategic locations, you can create a pearl lip effect, according to Dr Chua.
Read More: Best Skin Treatments for Summer
- Strong chin: A strong chin provides a strong base mountain for the face. Here is where the wealth of the individual is stored; and to be suggestive of a person who can accumulate asset wealth, the jaw line must be prominent. An auspicious chin is slightly protruding, quite fleshy and looks like a “mountain”. Receding jaw lines are signs of misfortune in old age and can even be a sign of premature death. A prominent chin indicates a mountain and suggests a long and fruitful life. Solution: According to Dr Chua, Chin Fillers can help to do three things to balance out your facial shape (and bring fortune to your life). Firstly, it can correct a receding chin which can be caused by years of wearing braces. Secondly, it can correct a short chin by giving it added length, balancing out the overall facial proportions. Lastly, it can create a V-shape face which is coveted by many ladies as it is feminine and youthful.
Read More: Banish Redness & Restore Glow with These Skin Tips
2 thoughts on “Beauty Marks – What Secrets Do Your Moles Hold?”
There are actually such a thing?!! I never heard of it before.